Business brokers sell businesses. If you would like to purchase a business and would like to go through either agents or business brokers, you may find your state's listing by visiting businessbroker.net. There you can click on the link to your state and you will be provided with various business brokers and their broker listings.
The IBBA is the International Business Brokers Association. It is the world's largest association of business brokers. You can visit this non-profit organization on the web at http://www.ibba.org. To use their interactive service, simply put in your state, country, and zip code and voila- an instant listing of local business brokers is at your fingertips.
Not only does the International Business Brokers Association provide you with business brokers, they also offer training for business brokers. They offer 4, 8, and 16 credit courses. These courses are approved by the NASBA - the National Association of State Boards Accountancy.
Their course listing includes
- Introduction to Business Brokerage
- Psychology in Business Sales
- Legal Aspect of Business Brokerage
- Selling Franchises
- Business Brokerage Marketing and Sales
- Tax Issues of General Business Brokerage
- Maintaining a Sellable Inventory
- Accounting Basics for Business Brokers
- Securing Sellers
- Buyer Management
- Business Brokerage Basics
- Managing the Business Brokerage Office
- Developing Fee-Based Compensation in the Business Brokerage Office
- Analyzing and Recasting Financial Statements
- Restaurants/Selling Valuation
- Introduction to Pricing Small Businesses
- Pricing Small Businesses-level 2
- Marketing Valuation Services
- Professional Practice Management
- Working Smart on the Internet
- Advanced Internet Resources
- The Electronic Office
- SBA Financing
This is just a sample of some of the courses the IBBA University has to offer. Many of their courses are also approved for state continuing real estate credit.
If you are interested in training in the field of business brokerage, you may contact the IBBA at http://www.ibba.org or at 1-888-686-IBBA (4222).